{Happy Father's Day to the one I love}

My Dearest Love,
16 years ago you became my boyfriend.
{almost} 6 years ago you became my Husband.
But, two years ago you became the Father to my baby boy.
And that changed something in me.


To see your husband become a Daddy is one of the most heart-touching things in life.
It's good for the soul.
And just when I thought I couldn't love you anymore
I did.



To watch you with Mason sets my heart on fire.
From the minute he was born you have always been a "hands on" Daddy.
And I could already see the eagerness you had to teach him things.
And that you do.
Every.single.day.


You are so kind, so gentle, so patient, and so loving.
You always have a good attitude about things
And lead by example.


You are the type of man I hope our son becomes.
I am thankful he has such a positive role model in his life.
To hear the words "like Daddy does" come out of Mason's mouth
is more than affirmation that he adores you.


Thank you for loving us with your whole heart.
For providing for us.
And for being someone that we love to be around.
You have a heart of Gold and I'm so glad we're in this journey together.


I'm sure if you were to ask Mason at this point in life he'd say -

Thank you for the countless number of Tractor rides, Daddy.
Thank you for turning the Ranger game so that I can watch Chipmunks for the umpteenth time.
Thank you for spending hours upon hours playing monster trucks with me in the floor.
Thank you for sharing your bed with me so that I can snuggle with Mama.
Thank you for all the prizes you let Mommy buy for me.
Thank you for becoming a professional grilled cheese maker on my behalf. 


You are the best Daddy in the whole wide world.
I love you.

Happy Father's Day, Lobster.

2 comments

  1. That is so sweet! It truly does melt a mama's heart when she sees a daddy and their baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! Hope you are having an amazing day!!